McCann Erickson EMEA Ltd (“McCann” or “us”), part of the Interpublic Group of companies, built the My Carer skill as a free skill (“My Carer Skill”) and is the controller of personal information we process, unless otherwise stated. The My Carer Skill is provided by McCann at no cost to the user and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors and users of the My Carer Skill of our policies as regards the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information should you decide to use the My Carer Skill.
Information Collection and Use
In order to use the My Carer Skill you will be required to provide us with the following personal information including:
- your name, email address, password, date of birth, gender, height, weight, and your mobile telephone number or that of the individual you are providing care for.
- other information and content that you provide, such as appointment details, reminders and any images you choose to upload
- other data that is collected automatically by the app (see below)
The information that we request will be retained by us and may be used to:
- provide our service to you
- personalize your experience on the My Carer Skill, for example, so it can address you by name
- respond to your requests and enquiries
- operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new services, enhancing and improving our services, analyzing our services, managing our communications, performing data analytics and market research, and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions),
- protect against identity theft, and prevent fraud and other criminal or undesirable activity,
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies, including this privacy notice; and
If you provide personal information on behalf of an individual who will ultimately be making use of the My Carer Skill, by submitting personal information and creating an account, you confirm that you have the necessary consents and permissions of the individual(s) concerned to provide us with that information.
Automated Collection of Data
When you use our My Carer Skill, certain personal information may be obtained by automated means, such as browser cookies, device identifiers, server logs, and other technologies.
What are cookies?
“Cookies” are computer text files that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other device to:
- uniquely identify that visitor’s browser or
- store information or settings in that visitor’s browser.
What kind of personal data is collected using “cookies”?
The information we collect using cookies may include your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name, identifiers associated with your devices, device and operating system type and characteristics, web browser characteristics, language preferences, your interactions with our My Carer Skill (such as the features you use), the pages that led or referred you to our My Carer Skill, dates and times of access to our My Carer Skill, geolocation information, and other information about your use of our My Carer Skill.
- remember your personal information so you will not have to re-enter it,
- track and understand how you use and interact with our My Carer Skill,
- tailor our My Carer Skill around your preferences,
- measure the usability of our My Carer Skill, and
- manage and enhance the functionality of our My Carer Skill.
Cookies – Your Choices
To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before placing cookies or similar technologies on your computer. You may adjust your cookie settings at any time by clicking here. Additionally, you can stop certain types of cookies from being downloaded on your computer by selecting the appropriate settings on your web browser. Most web browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new browser cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new browser cookie and how to disable existing cookies. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu or by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that, without cookies or other automated tools, you may not be able to use all of the features of our My Carer Skill.
For more details on the types of cookies we use and how to manage your cookie settings please see the Cookie Notice below.
Legal Bases for Processing
We rely on several legal bases in order to legally process your personal information. Firstly, process your information when such processing is necessary in order to ‘perform the contract’ with you, in other words, data we need to provide you the My Carer Skill and in order to comply with our Terms and Conditions, otherwise we rely on your consent which you provide to us when you initially set up your account or when otherwise requested. You may withdraw this consent through the ‘account’ section found at www.MyCarer.app. We may also process your information when there is a ‘legitimate interest’ for example, fraud prevention and cyber security.
Online Services and Third Party Features
The My Carer Skill also makes use of third party services that may collect information used to identify you. These services may operate independently of us. The service providers that administer these analytics services use automated technologies to collect data (such as email address, IP addresses, cookies and other device identifiers) to evaluate, for example, use of our My Carer Skill and to diagnose technical issues. Here are the links to the privacy policies of third party service providers used by the skill:
The privacy practices of these third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for these third parties personal information practices.
We do not disclose personal information we obtain about you, except as described in this privacy notice.
We may share your personal information with other agencies in our network, our affiliates and service providers who perform services on our behalf - such as hosting our My Carer Skill, relationship management or data analytics. This is only done for the purposes described in this privacy notice. We do not authorize our service providers to use or disclose the information that we collect except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. But as stated above, as our website may provide access to online publishers that are independent to us, you should also refer to the section Other Online Services and Third-Party Features which gives information on how your personal information may be acquired and used by these publishers.
We also may disclose information about you:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena),
- in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities,
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights,
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss,
- in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity,
- in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation),
- where we have a legitimate interest in doing so and your rights as a data subject are not adversely impacted, or
- otherwise with your consent.
We will only share or transfer personal data to entities located outside of the country in which the information was originally collected in accordance with the law to ensure your rights are appropriately protected.
Your Rights to Access your Data and Choices
You are able to access and control your personal information through the ‘account’ section found when you have logged into your account at www.My Carer.app. By logging into your account you can access your information in order to view, edit and/or delete it.
Under EU law, all data subjects to whom the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies have certain rights including to:
- request access to the personal information we hold about you,
- request that we update, correct, amend, erase or restrict our use of your personal information,
- exercise your right to data portability, by contacting us as indicated below,
- lodge a complaint with a European supervisory authority regarding any breach of European data protection rules, and
- in certain circumstances, request the erasure of or object to the retention or use of personal data.
You can exercise any of your rights as a data subject under the GDPR by contacting us directly –see How to Contact Us.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, we retain personal information as long as:
- it is needed for the purposes for which we obtained it, or
- we have a separate and clear lawful basis for retaining the personal data.
Our aim is always to comply with the GDPR which necessarily means that we only hold the personal data that we need and for as long as we either need or can reasonably justify. We will also delete your data if you delete your account or on request.
Links to Other Sites
Interpublic Group Limited
66 Prescot Street
London E1 8 HG
Please note that if you reside in the UK or the EU, you also have a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority. In the UK, this is the ICO,
A Summary of the Different Types of Cookies
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These are cookies that are required for a website to function. They are used to ensure the safety, security and integrity of our website, as well as to enable users to move around the website and use its features. For example they help support the structure of the pages that are displayed to website users, help to improve navigation and allow website users to return to pages they have previously visited. This type of Cookie only lasts for the duration of the time website users are visiting the website. When a user leaves the website they are deleted automatically.
Cookies categorized as Strictly Necessary cannot be turned off and the consent of the website user is not legally required before their use – we therefore do not seek your consent before using cookies that are strictly necessary.
Performance Cookies or Analytics Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how users use a website, for instance which pages users go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. The data from such cookies are aggregated and anonymised, which means that we cannot identify a user as an individual. We ask for your consent before these types of cookies are used.
These are used to recognise a website user when they return to a website. This enables a website owner to personalise content for that user, for example by:
- greeting the user by name.
- remembering the user’s preferences – such as choice of language – or font size changes.
- providing users with information on local events or news by storing their regional location.
- Providing services such as watching a video or commenting on an item.
These cookies cannot track browsing activity on other websites and the information they collect may be anonymised – but they will be able to identify a user’s device. These cookies will remain on a user’s device until the user chooses to clear them. If a user chooses to do this, they will subsequently need to enter their details the next time they visit the website.
Blocking or restricting Cookies
These cookies can be used to stop cookies being used on a website user’s device by activating a setting on the website user’s browser that results in blocking the deployment of all or some cookies. Please visit www.allaboutcookies.org to find out how.
If browser settings block cookies that internet user may not be able to access all or parts of certain websites.
What Cookies does our My Carer Skill use?
Our My Carer Skill uses the following cookies, which are grouped by cookie type to help you understand why each is used:
How You Can Manage Your Cookie Preferences
You can manage your Cookie preferences via our Cookie Preference Centre at the bottom of every page in the footer.